The Rockford Memorial Hospital Auxiliary was founded in 1923 by Alma Fringer, a dynamic physician’s wife and nurse who also established the Visiting Nurses Association. She suggested that a group organize for the benefit of Rockford Hospital, as it was then called. The Auxiliary was organized “for the support of a worthy institution in order that the best that science has to offer might be made available to all.”
Since its inception, the Auxiliary has raised over $8 million to help Rockford Health System provide superior care, every day, for all our patients. These funds are raised primarily through the Gift Shop within the hospital, and the Thrift Shop adjacent to the hospital at 2830 Glenwood Ave.
Recent Auxiliary projects include:
The Auxiliary takes pride in its long tradition of service to Rockford Health System and our community. Anyone with an interest is welcome to join. For more information, call the Auxiliary office at (815) 971-6284.
If you would like to support the work of the Auxiliary, contribute to our Annual Campaign here.
© Copyright 2015 Rockford Health System