From its very earliest days, Rockford Memorial Hospital has been blessed by the philanthropy of generous donors. Donor gifts established the first hospital in 1883, and philanthropy has fueled our growth, commitment to medical excellence, and service to the community for more than 125 years.
The forward-thinking friends who include the Rockford Memorial Development Foundation in their estate plans ensure that this legacy of philanthropy and support for our mission lives on into the future. To thank these special friends during their lifetimes, the Foundation has created the Freddie Griffen Legacy Society.
See a list of our Freddie Griffen Legacy Society Members.
The purpose of the Freddie Griffen Legacy Society is to:
- Honor and thank those special friends whose thoughtful estate planning advances our mission of medical excellence, compassionate care, and service to the community;
- Raise awareness and encourage others to support the work of the Foundation through planned gifts;
- Provide special opportunities for planned giving donors to learn about new developments at Rockford Health System; and
- Honor those whose planned gifts might otherwise go unrecognized while the donor is alive because we are not aware of the gift.
Member benefits include:
- A thank-you gift as a token of our appreciation;
- Recognition on the Society’s roster (with your permission), including a listing in the Foundation’s annual report;
- Invitation to the Triumvirate Recognition Society annual dinner and other events; and
- An opportunity for a personal tour of Rockford Memorial Hospital.
Gifts that qualify for membership:
- Making a bequest in a will or trust to the Rockford Memorial Development Foundation;
- Naming the Rockford Memorial Development Foundation as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy;
- Creating a life income gift, such as a charitable gift annuity, that will ultimately benefit the Rockford Memorial Development Foundation;
- Naming the Rockford Memorial Development Foundation as a beneficiary of an IRA or other retirement plan; and/or
- Other gifts that may also qualify.
To become a member, contact the Rockford Memorial Development Foundation at 815-971-4141.