We offer general pediatric services at six locations: Alpine, Churchview, McFarland, Strathmoor and North Rockton Avenue in Rockford and Roscoe. Our providers are available the same day for urgent concerns.
Children aren’t just small adults. They have many unique health care needs and challenges that require the special skills of board certified pediatricians who often are your child’s first health care advocates. Mercyhealth’s compassionate pediatricians love their patients like their own children and provide exceptional care. Mercyhealth’s doctors want to help your child get a healthy start to life and lead a long, happy adulthood.
They offer comprehensive health care for children of all ages, from birth to early adulthood. They can make referrals to specialists when necessary. Also, they can counsel parents on their children’s physical, behavioral, and emotional health.
Your child’s pediatrician may even follow their health all the way through the college years.
Pediatricians are responsible for:
- Adolescent care, a specialty that focuses on patients in the later elementary school grades through high school and sometimes into the college years
- Allergies and asthma care
- Behavioral treatment
- Child development screenings
- Developmental disabilities care
- Nutrition and exercise counseling
- Parent education
- School and sports physicals
- Vision and hearing checks
- Well baby exams
- And much more