A stroke is a “brain attack” that occurs when blood, which brings oxygen to your brain, stops flowing and brain cells die.
Rockford Health System is a certified Primary Stroke Center. We can intervene to potentially decrease the amount of neurological damage that can be associated with a stroke.
- Changes in vision in one or both eyes
- Facial droop
- Sudden severe headache with no known cause
- Trouble speaking or understanding
- Weakness of one arm or leg
Important Facts About Stroke
- 30 percent of women cannot recognize the symptoms of stroke.
- Stroke kills twice as many women as breast cancer every year.
- Stroke is a leading cause of disability in women.
- Stroke is preventable and treatable. Treatment can be more effective if given quickly.
Stroke is an emergency! Call 9-1-1 if you experience any of the above symptoms.
Every minute counts!