Is Teeth Whitening Safe?4 min read
Is teeth whitening safe for me? Is teeth whitening safe for oral and overall health? What are my options to have white and clean teeth? Teeth whitening is a procedure done to make your teeth whiter and will boost your confidence. Although it is one of the most recommended methods, it also has some side effects that you need to remember. And a well-trained dentist near St Ives will help you in answering your question, is teeth whitening safe for you?
Teeth whitening is the most common cosmetic process of lightening your teeth to make them whiter and pleasant to look at. The products that are used in teeth whitening consists of carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide. These kinds of bleaches break down the stains on your teeth to tiny pieces that result in colourless and brighter teeth. Among all the dental cleaning procedures, teeth whitening is the most safer and affordable procedure that you can avail. It is said that when you meet people, your smile is one of the features that people look at you. And when you have a clean and brighter smile, you will be confident to socialize and have a lot of job opportunities. And it can also reduce the risk of you acquiring diseases or illnesses.
There are several reasons why your teeth can be stained or discoloured, and these are as follows.
- One of the reason that your teeth can be stained is by the extrinsic discolouration. Extrinsic discolouration affects the outer layer of your teeth; thus, it results in being stained. Food and beverages like coffee, tea, bread, and smoking can contribute to staining your teeth.
- Another reason that your teeth can be stained is through the intrinsic discolouration. It is an internal discolouration due to a childhood illness, a medication used, aging or tooth sensitivity.
Teeth whitening is one of the most common and popular cosmetic procedure that you can avail in the market. It is the safest, life-changing method that provides you with a positive effect, not only in your physical appearance but on your mental health and social world. Here are some of the benefits that teeth whitening can implore into your life.
- Teeth whitening will help you eliminate the bacteria in your teeth. As it uses hydrogen peroxide in doing the process, it will, for sure, kill the bacteria in your mouth and teeth. And the procedure will help you prevent the risk of having gum disease or tooth decay. Gum disease, if allowed to progress will result in tooth loss. To see what options are available for replacing missing teeth, go to DDII, a trusted family dental clinic in Gosford.
- One of the benefits of teeth whitening is it increases your self-confidence. When your teeth are clean and bright, you will be able to socialize at work or on a date or anywhere confidently. It is also a sign for other people that you can take care of yourself well. And that physical appearance is a positively important matter to you.
- Enhancement of your appearance is one benefit that you can get from teeth whitening. Having healthy teeth and brightest smile doesn’t mean that you are not prone to the devastation of the stains of food and drinks. After you had undergone the procedure, you’ll then notice that you do not need to use a filter or edit your photo when taking a picture as teeth whitening helps in fighting against the foods and drinks that stain your teeth.
- Another benefit of teeth whitening is it decreases the wrinkles in your face. Teeth whitening will distract people from looking at your wrinkles, and they will instead look at your bright smile.
- Among all the cosmetic procedures, teeth whitening is the most affordable procedure you can avail. And the effect of the procedure also lasts long. Together with a home remedy, teeth whitening will cost you at a lesser price.
Teeth whitening is considered the safest procedure, but it also has some side effects. And these side effects are as follows:
One side effect that teeth whitening you may experience is teeth or tooth sensitivity. This tooth sensitivity may occur on your first or second procedure and may lessen in time. It is the result of exposure of hydrogen peroxide while you are undergoing the procedure. In treating this side effect, your doctor may suggest the following:
- wear trays or strips for a briefer time.
- Using a toothpaste that is sensitive to your teeth, may your dentist suggest to you.
- pausing of your whitening procedure for several days to let your teeth adjust to the process, may be suggested by your dentist.
You can also ask your dentist for a product that contains fluoride that can help in demineralizing your teeth. Irritated gums are one of the side effects of teeth whitening. This whitening procedure can make your gums be irritated, due to the exposure of the whitening product. It will also diminish after the treatment.
Teeth whitening is the most common cosmetic process of lightening your teeth to make them whiter and pleasant to look at. Get your teeth checked and seek your doctor’s advice before trying to whiten your teeth, whether at the clinic or home as it may cause you to be at risk to some illnesses or side effects of the treatment.